Top 5 Lists for Evangelism
One campus minister’s top 5 list for evangelism.
Top 5 Incentives for Sharing Your Faith
- Gratitude: We are grateful God has saved us.
- Obedience: God has commanded us to do so.
- Compassion: We love people who are far from God.
- Spiritual Growth: It will strengthen our faith.
- Eternal Rewards: God promises eternal rewards for doing so.
Top 5 Books on Learning How to Share Your Faith
- Becoming a Contagious Christian by Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg
- The Grace and Truth Paradox by Randy Alcorn
- Too Christian, Too Pagan by Dick Staub
- Hell’s Best Kept Secret by Ray Comfort
- The World at Your Door by Tom Phillps and Terry Whalin
Top 5 Questions to Ask a Friend Far from God
- “What comes to mind when you think about God and Jesus?”
- “On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the level of effort you’ve invested in your current beliefs, and the level of confidence you have that they are true?”
- “Hypothetically, if all your questions had answers that pointed to God as the Creator and Jesus as the Savior, how would you respond?”
- “Hypothetically, on what basis do you believe God will or will not accept you into Heaven?”
- Would you be interested in meeting for coffee once a week or so, to investigate your questions and study the Bible at your own pace?
Top 5 Truths to Share God’s Good News
- God Loves Us (John 17:3, 22-26).
- We Sinned (James 2:10-11).
- Death is the Consequence (Romans 6:23).
- Jesus Came to Save Us (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- We Must Trust and Follow Him (Acts 2:38).
Top 5 Books to Give or Read with a Friend Far from God
- Confident Faith by Mark Mittelberg
- Making Sense of God by Timothy Keller
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- How Good Is Good Enough? by Andy Stanley
- Letters from a Skeptic by Greg Boyd
Top 5 Prayers to Pray
- The “Here-I-Am-Send-Me” Prayer: Pray to make yourself willing for God to send you to people who are far from Him, to share His love and truth, as Isaiah did in Isaiah 6:8.
- The “Open-Their-Heart” Prayer: Pray that God open your friend’s heart, as He did for Lydia in Acts 16:11-15.
- The “Whatever-It-Takes” Prayer: Pray that God do whatever it takes to humble your friend, as He did for Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4:1-37.
- The “Protect-the-Truth” Prayer: Pray that God protect whatever seeds of truth are planted in their heart, that Satan not snatch it away, as Jesus mentioned in Luke 8:11-12.
- The “Battle-on-Behalf-of” Prayer: Pray that God and His angels do battle on behalf of your friend, as Michael did in Daniel 10:12-13.
Top 5 Tensions to Balance
- Influencing people by the example we set AND the message with share.
- Obeying the Greatest Commission (meeting spiritual needs) AND the Greatest Commandments (meeting physical needs).
- Upholding truth (so that people see the need for salvation) AND grace (so that people see the hope of salvation).
- Being intentional to reach people we know (through friendship evangelism) AND people we don’t know (through initiative evangelism).
- Surrounding ourselves with people who are Christians (so that we can grow spiritually) AND with people who are not Christians (so that we can have an influence).
Top 5 Songs to Fuel your Passion
- “Give Me A Heart Like Yours” by Sonic Flood
- “Carriers” by Jeremy Camp
- “Tears of the Saints” by Leeland
- “The Mission Field” by Blessed Union of Souls
- “Messengers” by Lecrae