We are thrilled that your college ministry or discipleship group leader has partnered with the Global Project. While each ministry using the Global Project may have additional resources or meetings for you, here are the basics of the Global Project that all are participating in.
Each Tuesday, we will send a link to the 8PM–10PM (Central Time; GMT -6) Global Gathering Zoom call with 1,000+ college students from around the world. After our large group talk, you will be connected to a Zoom breakout room with 8 students from around the world. If you have to miss a Tuesday Global Gathering, you can watch a catch-up recording. We will post a recording of the Global Gathering each Wednesday.
Your ministry will be placing you in a D-Group, led by people from your ministry. All D-Groups will be using the following resources.
D-Group Book: The Fuel and the Flame by Steve Shadrach and Paul Worcester (totally revised, new edition)
Bible study of 2 Timothy: While there are many Bible study methods, we want all participants to spend an hour each week using the Inductive Bible Study Method before your D-Group reviews it together.
We want you to not only grow spiritually this summer, but be a blessing to others. On your own or with a partner, reach out to 3-4 friends outside of the Global Project in one of these outreach opportunities.
Choose your outreach program from the following options.
- Take four or more friends through an evangelistic Bible study: These are one of the greatest tools for sharing your faith with people who are far from God or not sure about what they believe. The goal is to create a low pressure and relational environment where anyone can come and honestly explore God and the Bible. This 4-week study is created specifically with lost people in mind, with a guide for leaders.
- Mobilize others to God’s global world: Take four or more friends through the Xplore study and consider joining the World Christian Track as well. Xplore is a 7-lesson study to help believers discover the biblical theme of God’s global purpose, the task remaining in frontier missions, major world religions, and how they can participate in God’s global purpose, no matter their location or vocation. Read tips on how to recruit to and lead an Xplore Study with your friends.
- Win the battle for sexual purity: Take four or more friends through The Freedom Fight’s 30 Day Challenge. The 30 Day Challenge is a powerful program to help you break free from pornography and other unwanted sexual behaviors. This free email-based program will deliver biblical, clinical and practical content to your inbox every day for 30 days. The challenge is to go 30 days without porn or other unwanted sexual behaviors while you get equipped to walk in purity.
The following options are great ways to dive even deeper this summer. Utilize any of these add-on resources on your own. Talk with your leader about the ones you’re interested in, and find out if they have their own Add-ons in mind.
- World Christian Track (8 sessions; Live on Thursdays at 7–8:30pm Central or available as recording): World Christians are day-to-day disciples for whom Christ’s global cause has become the integrating, overriding priority for all that life is for them. This optional World Christian Track is hosted by The Traveling Team and Center for Mission Mobilization. These sessions will help you discover the biblical theme of God’s global purpose, the task remaining in frontier missions, major world religions, and how you can participate in God’s global purpose, no matter your location or vocation. We will also be teaching easy, practical tools that you can use to spread global vision to others. You will be broken out into live Zoom Breakout Groups to discuss the talk and practice the ministry tools shared. This is the most robust of the optional Add-ons.
- Impacting Athletes to Impact the World: Whether you currently are playing sports at your college or you just want to learn how to reach out to athletes for Christ, Tyler McMahan will offer you some great insights. He has spent 10+ years winning and discipling varsity athletes at Arkansas and will share life changing principles and approaches you can use in your ministry. There are a number of excellent discussion questions for you and your group to talk through after the video. Tyler is the Director of Athletes in Action at the University of Arkansas.
Watch Video Download Discussion Questions
- Discover God’s Word, World, and Work: Xplore is a free 7-lesson study to help believers discover the biblical theme of God’s global purpose, the task remaining in frontier missions, major world religions, and how they can participate in God’s global purpose, no matter their location or vocation. This is one of our Outreach Initiatives and part of the World Christian track, but participants may choose to do this on their own as well.
- Reaching International Students and Refugees: Xplore: Welcoming the Nations Among Us is a 6-lesson study inviting believers to explore welcoming people from other nations for God’s glory. Welcoming is more than being friendly. It is the lifestyle of a person prioritizing God’s mission to “make disciples of all nations.” A welcomer gets involved with those around them from different cultures, developing genuine cross-cultural friendships, selflessly serving, and always being ready to share Jesus with others. Explore the realities of migrants and near neighbors around them, their own obstacles to reaching out cross-culturally, and practical steps they can take to start welcoming.